Interior Design

Our tips for buying furniture online

Buying new furniture for your home can be a big & difficult task. When you spend so much money on buying new furniture, you Certainly want everything to run perfectly. Below are our top tips for buying online.

Measure your doorways – Never forget to take out a measuring tape and measure all the doorways your chosen piece of furniture needs to pass through. Always measure the space available at the staircase, hallways and lifts, so that the furniture can be easily moved into your house.

Match the colours – It is essential to take into account the colour of your existing furniture and the interior decor of your home before adding any new piece of furniture. Don’t just choose any colour for your new piece; just because it looks beautiful on our website, it may not look quite the same in your home. We are able to spray paint your chosen piece literally, whatever colour you like! We can even post out samples to ensure the colour is right for you

Take into account the use of the furniture – Customers have been known to get carried away with our designs and colour options of the furniture that they can forget who the user will be. Choosing light coloured upholstery fabric for your furniture can be a disaster for households that have pets and small children.

louis three seater sofa

Take the scale into consideration – An armchair or table that looks just perfect on our website can appear too big in your room. It is hard to judge the scale when seeing it online. All our product descriptions show the approx dimensions of each piece. It is important so that your new piece can match the scale of the furniture you already own.

Baroque Throne Chair

Baroque Throne Chair

Ask questions – all our furniture is made to order, once production has started we cannot accept cancellations. If there is anything you are unsure of or need help/advise please ask a member of our team.

Follow all of the above to ensure a successful online buying experience.

Related Posts

18 thoughts on “Our tips for buying furniture online

1. Becca Holton says:

I wouldn’t have thought to measure the doorways, space around the staircase, hallways, and lifts. I’m so glad that I haven’t gotten around to buying new furniture yet. That seems like it’ll definitely be helpful when I go shopping.

2. Bobby Saint says:

You made a good point to measure the doorways where your furniture will be passing through once you bring them home. It’s important to know the dimensions or the size of the furniture to ensure that they will fit the allotted space designated for them. This way, you wouldn’t have to worry about doing some rearranging once more. It would also prevent any damage to your furniture such as minor scratches. If I were to buy new furniture or home decor, I would definitely take this into account. Thanks.

3. Kyle Wayne says:

I’m glad you talked about measuring the doorways and halls in your home to make sure whatever you buy will fit through them. My sister is looking to buy home decor online for some Christmas decorating. I think I will talk to her about checking the width of her door if she decides to buy anything big.

4. Clara says:

matching the colours is an awesome tip. Whenever i shop for furniture or interiors i hit the shop and buy stuff randomly. I dont match colours. Thanks for the tip.

5. Your advice to measure your doorways in order to make sure the furniture you choose can pass through is a good idea. You’d also probably want to measure the area you plan to put it so that you can make sure there’s enough space. Once you’ve done this, you’d probably want to check out home decor shops, both online and in person, in order to see what pieces they offer that are the right size for your home.

6. Akshay says:

Thanks for sharing such wonderful piece of information especially “Take into account the use of the furniture” seeing varieties of beautiful design we generally forget about the usage.

7. Amanda says:

I am so pleased to find this article! I am planning to buy furniture for my new home and these tips are very helpful for me. Thanks for sharing.

8. Derek Dewitt says:

My wife and I are getting ready to buy new furniture for the living room, so thanks for sharing these tips. I like your point about making sure the piece of furniture can actually fit in your home. We’ll be sure to measure out the different areas first so we can find chairs with matching dimensions.

9. Andy Everett says:

Hey! Great topic to choose.Thanks for providing information on How to buy furniture online. Buying the new furniture is such a challenging task. Furniture plays an important part in decorating your home. The tips you have mentioned in the article are awesome and helpful to users…………keep posting!

10. BayresDesign says:

Thanks for sharing these tips. It is very useful 🙂

11. Vera Stewart says:

Interesting information, great job!

12. Burt Silver says:

I really like what you said about matching the colors and how that is an essential part of adding any new piece of furniture. Lately, I have been thinking of making a room that is more focused on a certain theme in my house and finding the right furniture and decor for that has been difficult where I live. It would be a good idea for me to have a serious look around online and see what my options are for that.

13. It’s good that you talked about choosing a furniture with light colored upholstery fabric is not advisable for households that have pets and small children. I’ll keep this in mind especially that we have two dogs and three children in our home. We plan to buy furniture online, and I’ll remember to choose dark colored furniture. I was thinking if rustic furniture is an option for us.

14. leonejimenez says:

Great read to share.

15. Akshay says:

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful piece of information especially “Take into account the use of the furniture”. I am so blessed by seeing such varieties of beautiful design we generally don’t get to see. Thank you so much for such an amazing blog.

16. Raymond Cooper says:

My wife and I are looking at getting some new furniture for our home. I appreciate how you point out the need to measure our doorways to make sure we can even get the furniture into our home. This is definitely something I’ll do since we’re looking for a large hutch for our kitchen.

17. Mark Murphy says:

I really appreciate your tip to match the scale of the furniture to the furniture that you already own. My wife and I have been thinking of getting a new sofa for our living room, and we already have some chairs in our living room. I will be sure to match the scales of the sofa and the chairs!

18. Rajan Jangir says:

Online furniture stores had made the job easy for getting a good fit matching your interiors more precisely. Previously It used to be a time waste as running shop to shop and always ending up getting something that is big or seemed odd in the house. These tips would really help me exploring online options more wisely.